From Friday 14 October 2022, it is no longer mandatory to isolate if you test positive to COVID-19.
The removal of mandatory isolation does not impact on the duties of an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to minimise the risks of COVID-19 at the workplace, including asking workers to stay at home when unwell.
Information on these pages is currently being reviewed and will be updated shortly.
This page includes resources for office workplaces on work health and safety, workers’ compensation and COVID-19.
Office-based work occurs in almost all industry sectors, but is especially prevalent in:
- information media and telecommunications
- financial and insurance services
- rental, hiring and real estate services
- professional, scientific and technical services
- administrative and support services
- public administration, and
- call centres.
While the workplace is typically an office building, work may be undertaken in a range of locations including the workers’ private home.