From Friday 14 October 2022, it is no longer mandatory to isolate if you test positive to COVID-19.
The removal of mandatory isolation does not impact on the duties of an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to minimise the risks of COVID-19 at the workplace, including asking workers to stay at home when unwell.
Information on these pages is currently being reviewed and will be updated shortly.
This page includes resources for workplaces in the Building and Construction industries on work health and safety, workers’ compensation and COVID-19.
We also have information for Trades and Home Maintenance.
The Building and Construction industries provide residential, commercial, industrial, civil and other construction services.
This may include:
- construction of buildings and other structures
- additions, alterations, reconstruction and installation
- maintenance and repairs of buildings and other structure
- demolition, wrecking or clearing of buildings and other structures
- blasting and test drilling
- landfill, levelling, earthmoving and excavating, and
- land drainage and other land preparation.
Building and construction may take place indoors at construction sites or in finished structures, or outdoors on roads or earthworks sites.